The 1st Latin American Conference about MySQL, NoSQL and Cloud technologies, will be held in Buenos Aires from Wednesday, June 27th through Friday, June 29th at the Puerto Madero Hilton Hotel. There will be live simultaneous translations for English, Portuguese and Spanish.
[/skip for cast]
MySQL Connect will be held in San Francisco on Saturday September 29th and Sunday September 30th. This is a technical conference about MySQL, bringing together MySQL engineers at Oracle and the MySQL Community, and will include sessions about the latest MySQL features and the MySQL feature roadmaps.
Percona Live: New York City 2012 will be held from Monday, Oct 1st through Tuesday Oct 2nd.
This week, we present an interview with Rohit of Webyog at the Percona Live: MySQL Conference and Expo from a few months ago - We talk about SQLyog, which is Webyog's GUI tool for interacting with MySQL.
We talk about:
- Enterprise vs free versions
- Data synchronization, with and without running replication
- ssh key, ssh key forwarding and ssh tunneling
- wine, a program to run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X. (sqlyog is tested on wine)
- Syntax checking without a round trip to the server
- Query profiler, expands on show profile and explain. Diffs global status before and after query runs. Performance schema support.
- Supports anything starting with MySQL 3.23 onwards, GUI degrades gracefully.
- Diagram tools using GUI drag & drop
- Search engine for MySQL data -> look for data w/o knowing to which table it belongs to
In this week's ear candy, we talk about ionice
At the Movies
This week in at the movies, we present Baron Schwartz of Percona presenting "Zero Downtime Schema Changes in MySQL". Last week,
Baron posted asking if folks have tested pt-online-schema-change, specifically "whether people have tested it rigorously to ensure that it maintains your data integrity."