This Monday, September 8th, the Boston MySQL User Group broke our 2-month summer hiatus with a presentation on MySQL Views.
The slides can be downloaded from http://www.technocation.org/files/doc/2008_09_Views.pdf -- 89 kB, .pdf format.
The presentation covers:
* Defining views, changing views, deleting views
* Using views for column and row level security
* Using views for schema abstraction
* Simulating check constraints using views
* Performance implications
* How to find out which tables are views, and information about views
* What a materialized view is, and that MySQL does not have them
* What makes a view updateable
* Problems with updateable views
* How views interact with replication