- Provide low-interest educational loans to attend conferences or take training courses
- Provide fee-based consulting services Promote free and open-source technology
- Provide free pre-recorded workshops, lectures and demonstrations
- Assist user groups in finding speakers and resources for meetings
Many companies provide resources for training and education. However, sometimes those resources are not enough, or certain learning opportunities denied because they are not squarely in a person's job focus. Sharing knowledge is also expensive. Writing a book is not a money-making venture, and speaking at different locations is not easy to fund. Technocation was the answer...
- Volunteers to provide services (see http://tinyurl.com/u8yhg )
- Leaders to volunteer time to help structure the organization
- Ideas for technology to research and develop
- Low-interest loan applicants
- Companies or individuals with short-term or one-off consulting contracts -- for instance, helping debug a slow application, or reviewing a database schema.
- Donations -- all donations (products and money) are deductible to the fullest extent of the law. You can specify which project should receive your donation, distribute it among more than one project, or simply leave it up to Technocation to decide the best use of your donation. Check out our wish list at http://tinyurl.com/w939b
Technocation is an international not-for-profit providing education and resources for professional IT development.
If you are an IT professional or want to learn more about IT, but lack the resources to do so, Technocation is for you. Technocation does not help teach basic computer skills; rather, it allows people to learn about technologies, software and architectures so they can do their technological jobs better.